Basic Ventilator Setup SOP - ( Adult Critical Care )
|Next review: 16/12/2025|
|Standard Operating Procedure|
|Approved By: ACC Clinical Governance|
|Copyright© Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust 2022|
This Standard Operating Procedure is intended for use by healthcare professionals within Leeds unless otherwise stated.
Basic Ventilator Setup SOP
Important to know
- Positive-pressure ventilation can cause lung injury.
- Our choice of ventilation mode can minimise this damage
- The tidal volume, rate and PEEP and inspired oxygen all need to be carefully selected
- The proposed initial settings can be revised according to the patient’s individual needs
- These settings may not suitable for patients with acute severe asthma or a head injury
Patients in Adult Critical Care
|Target patient group:||Patients in Adult Critical Care|
|Target professional group(s):||Secondary Care Doctors
Secondary Care Nurses
ACC Clinical Governance
LHP version 2.0
Equity and Diversity
The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is committed to ensuring that the way that we provide services and the way we recruit and treat staff reflects individual needs, promotes equality and does not discriminate unfairly against any particular individual or group.